Sunday, October 01, 2006

Salman-Kareena mobbed at jewellery show

Bollywood stars Salman Khan and Kareena Kapoor got mobbed by media persons Friday when they arrived here to inaugurate Mumbai-based designer Purva Kothari's first jewellery exhibition.
Kothari's designs are sold under the brand name Intrea.
Apart from media persons, star-struck guests went berserk when Salman and Kareena entered the Roshanara Hall of Taj Palace. The race among lensmen to capture the actors resulted in shifting the spotlight from Kothari and her designs to the stars.
Praful Patel, the minister for civil aviation, got ignored too. He was seen chatting with a friend in a corner.
Salman, who was at his charming best, refused to talk about his upcoming film "Jaan-e-Mann". "I will not talk about my film. Ask me about fashion, jewellery," he chuckled.
He talked about his style statement. "I always wear an earring and this bracelet," he said pointing towards his bracelet.
Salman also showed his pierced bellybutton. "My sister got it done so I also went ahead."
Kareena, looking gorgeous in jeans and top, whetted the media's appetite. From fashion to films - she answered all their queries.
She said, "I am very fond of jewellery and that's why I am here. I have a couple of friends in Delhi, mainly designers," said Kareena who was wearing one of Kothari's creations.
Asked about "Rang De Basanti" being nominated as India's official entry for Oscars, she said: "I loved 'Rang De Basanti'. It is one of my favourite films. I am very happy that it is going to the Oscars. I will keep my fingers crossed."
With these two stars hogging the limelight, hardly anybody showed interest in the exquisitely designed jewellery on display.
Intrea is a joint venture between Kothari and diamond merchant Ketan Seth.
Source :Glamsham

No comments: