Monday, October 09, 2006

Kareena Kapoor on Don

Bollywood's golden girl Kareena Kapoor will soon been scorching up the silver screen in Farhan Akhtar's remake of Don. The actress, gyrating away to Helen's yesteryears hit 'Yeh Mera Dil Pyaar ka Deewana' has drawn up a bunch of mixed reactions. Comparisons to the legendary Helen are inevitable, but Kareena seems unfazed by the same. “I think it’s unfair to compare me to a legend like Helen aunty, because I am still very new. I think I have done it in my own style, that’s what’s important. I have tried to implicate it in my own style, where people remember that Helen Aunty did the old one and Kareena did the new one. Its a small role but a very pivotal role,” says Kareena. With remakes being the flavour of the season in Bollywood, Kareena looks rather happy to be a part of one. The actress seems to think that if remakes are modernized, they will work for today's audience. “Farhan Akhtar is a very ‘today director’. He has done it before. He made a film like DIl Chahta Hai which was path-breaking and I think Don is going to be another path breaking film for him because he has made it in a very sleek and organized fashion, very ‘today's time’. I think that the audiences really want to see a film that’s really ‘today’. If it’s a remake which is very ‘today’ and I am sure it will work,” says Kareena Will Don click as a remake? And can Kareena pull of a Helen? Well all we need to do is wait for this Diwali, because that’s when the fireworks begin!

No comments: